Saturday, February 21, 2009

WFT Chicken Sandwhich





There comes a time in a man's life when he is trying to use up what food he has left in his fridge. This can lead to many a dreadful concoction, but maybe, just maybe if the conditions are right, a truly inspired dish may emerge.

I would like to think of last Tuesday night as one of these fated occurrences. With some chicken breasts, a little spinach, and a few strips of bacon. I had made the best sandwich I've had all year.

So first I started with the chicken breasts, a little salt and pepper, and decided to stuff them with some spinach. I heated my oven to about 400 degrees and cooked the spinach in a pan over medium heat. To the spinach I added some Parmesan cheese, olive oil, black pepper and garlic powder to add a lil' bit of tasty. Once to almost the consistency of creamed spinach I slid the spinach into the chicken breasts which already met with the business end of my chefs knife.

Now I know the saying that anything is better if wrapped in bacon is a bit silly. But man, do I love some bacon. Soooo, I wrapped the chicken in a few strips of bacon that I had left over in the fridge. Then I threw those babies and the dish on whence they sat into the oven for maybe 25 minutes. Once they came out I drained off most of the juices that came off, slide one between two pieces of bread and went to town.

And that's all he cooked.

-Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment