Monday, October 19, 2009

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever



Ok, so that's a pretty extreme claim. Cookie-lovers generally fall into two categories: those who love crispy cookies and those who love cookies of the chewy variety. These cookies are more crispy than chewy, but I think what I love most from them is that they are the cookies my mom made for me while I was growing up.

This recipe comes from an old Pillsbury cookbook from 1979, but most of the recipes have stood up amazingly well (the baked tuna balls might be an exception). Anwyay, less biased sources than I have affirmed the deliciousness of these cookies in recent days. I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I have!


Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 egg

1 3/4 cups AP flour
1 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375. In large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients; blend well. Stir in flour, soda and salt; blend well. Stir in chocolate chips; mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment